We're now open! Local Government restrictions applyFind out more
Why Our Hotel is Great
The White Hart is one of the most atmospheric historic hotels in Exeter, dating right back to circa the 1400s. Once upon a time we were an ale house. That tradition is alive and well today. We are proud to serve fresh real ales and guest beers, and we have 55 charming en-suite rooms, decorated in the modern vintage style. Each room has a flatscreen TV, complimentary WiFi, and tea and coffee making facilities. We are a perfect base for exploring historic Exeter, and discovering the wild beauty of Dartmoor National Park.
Drop by for lunch or dinner. Enjoy a quiet pint in one of our peaceful nooks. Bring the family for lunch. We are child-friendly and have a great kids’ menu. Food is served all day from an impressively varied menu that includes grills, burgers, curries, fish dishes, vegetarian options, global flavours and tastes of Britain. Looking for pubs with function rooms? We have two. Wood panelled walls give ours character and charm. Both rooms are ideal for business meetings, conferences, team away days, private parties, and intimate wedding receptions.
Our Pub Facilities
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About Our Food
We want to ensure you have the best experience possible when you visit, and our menus continue to offer your favourite pub dishes at an unsurpassed quality.
We always think of those guests who have special dietary requirements when developing our menus so there is always a choice of vegetarian, vegan and NGCI dishes. In addition, we have full allergen information available on pub web pages, via our online app and printed copies in our pubs.
We’re continually innovating to bring you both new tastes and new dishes, whilst ensuring your pub favourites are always available and the best they can be.
I am sure you will agree, there really is something for everyone. We look forward to welcoming you with a friendly smile, this is your local.View our Menus
We Would Love To Get Your Feedback.
We welcome all of our customers to share their feedback. Why not click on the button below to share a review on Trip Advisor.
We would love to hear your feedback. Please click on the button below if you would like to get in touch with our team here at Marston's.